The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the company-owned fleet of trailers. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
- Responsible for repairs and required preventative maintenance of trailers.
- Build, rebuild, and repair all parts of trailer equipment.
- Inspect, trouble-shoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance on equipment.
- Change tires, brakes, brake drums and seals when needed
- Torque wheel lug nuts to 475 ft. pounds
- All other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous mechanical/ technician experience in the trailer industry.
- 1-2 years mechanical experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
- Physical activities include walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment. Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).