Diesel Technician (Star Transportation)
Star Transportation was founded in 1980, and is currently headquartered just outside Nashville, in La Vergne, Tenn.
At Star today, management maintains an extremely progressive mindset and maintains open communication between directors, fleet managers, drivers and other support personnel. Utilizing the finest people, technology, procedures and equipment, Star Transportation offers the experience and expertise for all of your transportation needs, regardless of how unique or challenging they may be.
We operate a full-service maintenance facility at our La Vergne, Tenn., headquarters, and we offer additional terminals and drop yards located throughout the eastern half of the United States. Nationwide maintenance support is also available 24/7 throughout our system. Preventive maintenance is essential to keeping our trucks on the road to ensure on-time delivery.
Our fleet today consists entirely of conventional Freightliner tractors. And with an average fleet age of just two years old, our equipment -- like our office, shop and driving employees- is second to none.
- Perform preventative maintenance on trucks.
- Perform oil changes and service jobs on class 8 equipment.
- Repair and replace brakes, wheel seals, and change tires.
- Perform internal and external body repairs as needed, including plywood replacement.
- Repair and troubleshoot electrical systems, including ABS brakes.
- Perform checks and repairs on air systems.
- Install and repair T-tracs and Qualcomm units.
- Perform tractor and trailer alignments.
- Other duties as required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs on a consistent bases, 95 lbs frequently to lift tire to mount on rim.
- Physical ability to climb, bend, and stoop.
- Physical ability to work while on feet at all times, ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING MEDICAL AND 401K!!!