Experienced Drivers Recruiter
Recruits, screens and pre-qualifies recruits for over the road team and/or solo and/or owner-operator/lease purchase professional truck driver job openings, focused on experienced driver teams and solo professional drivers, including experienced HAZMAT qualified professional drivers and teams. Responsible for bringing in qualified individuals into the organization to fill open, posted positions with the goal of long professional driver retention.
• Answer phone calls and internet inquiries; follow-up on all contacts.
• Quickly analyze all qualifications and experience level in accordance to current Covenant hiring standards and DOT regulations. Minimize/eliminate disqualified applicants.
• Persuade qualified candidates to consider the Company as their next employer by effectively communicating the opportunity with respect to the compensation, benefits, and culture of the organization.
• Enter qualified leads into applicant data base, and ensure all verification information needed is accurately and thoroughly entered and/or provided.
• Extend job offer to qualified applicants using standard department protocols.
• Coordinate orientation appointment for driver trainee and conduct appropriate follow-up to ensure the candidate arrives at and begins orientation successfully.
• Independently manage time and resources to meet specified performance standards for the assigned geography and/or business unit.
• Complete required daily, weekly, monthly reports as required.
• To develop relationships with new partner and organizations to maximize applicant activity
• To develop outbound marketing effort to reach targeted students (direct mail, email, newsletter, telemarketing)• All other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED is required; Associate’s degree or higher is preferred.
• 5+ years of Company-driver recruiting experience in the transportation industry is required. Recruiters with team recruiting experience is a plus.
• A high level of computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel is required (and will be tested); web-based databases and programs, email, etc. is required. Knowledge of Tenstreet other modern recruiting software is required.
• Excellent communication skills, writing, verbally, and electronically.
• Transportation industry experience, and/or a working knowledge of DOT regulations, is a plus.
• Must have a friendly, clear phone voice; be a team player and a “people person” who can remain calm and optimistic in a high-volume, pressured environment.
• Must have skills in persuasion and/or selling.
• Must be highly organized with paperwork and data and be accountable for results.
• Must have an excellence attendance record that can be verified at prior jobs.• Candidates who can also speak Spanish are highly desirable.