Transportation Business Analyst
Responsible for coordinating pricing activities across our sales, operations, and capacity management teams. This position will execute contracted freight pricing while providing analytical feedback and direction. This person will utilize analytical tools and technology to drive bid optimization across multiple divisions. This individual will provide a formal response associated with each unique opportunity. Furthermore, the role will collaborate with and support all functional aspects of all business opportunities that require such analysis both operationally and financially.
- Develop effective business proposals, bid packages, and execute tariff implementation.
- Divisional knowledge of all business units across the organization.
- Research and recommend contract rates for new business based off current market and historical data points.
- Analyze both existing and new business opportunities across the enterprise.
- Secure appropriate input from the Director Pricing and Analytics and Vice President of Operations to ensure proposed pricing will allow for practical operational execution while meeting the financial objectives surrounding all divisions.
- Assess data from a variety of sources, using qualitative and quantitative methods to present findings.
- Validates pricing quotes for accuracy and profitability.
- Monitor North American industry trends within the supply chain and share findings with sales group.
- Prepare quarterly and annual business reviews by account.
- Assist with supporting analytics and report requests to key decision makers.
- Perform other duties as assigned that support sales, billing, and contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Analytics, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent industry experience (preferred)
- 1-3 Years industry experience (preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Software Programs –Intermediate/Advanced Excel, Outlook, Office, Power BI
- Ability to multi-task, results oriented, strong organizational skills & deadline driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Uncompromising level of integrity