The Tire Technician performs tire maintenance, mounting, dismounting, and manages inventory.
- Mount and dismount heavy duty tractor and trailer tires by hand and with a tire machine
- Remove and install wheel and tire assemblies from heavy duty tractors and trailers
- Repair and patch tires
- Inspect tires for signs of mechanical issues or tire problems
- Stack tires for storage
- Inventory control of tires
- Use a forklift to move and store tires
- Other duties, as required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid DOT Physical
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills-(verbal, electronically, written)
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis and 95 lbs. on a frequent basis to mount tires
- Physical ability to climb, bend and stoop
- Physical ability to work while on feet at all times, ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must consent to and successfully complete drug screen and background check
Southern Refrigerated Transport, Inc. offers a competitive Benefits Package that includes, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Company Paid Survivor Benefit, Benevolence, Vacation and 401K with Company Match.
Southern Refrigerated Transport, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.