This is a supervisory position with the primary duty of directly managing and directing the work of professional drivers, with authority to take actions or make recommendations that are given significant weight with respect to discipline, terminations, and other changes of status.
This also is an administrative position with the primary duty of performing office work directly related to the management and general business operations of SRT and requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Manage and evaluate drivers' performance.
- Recommend/provide training and development, as needed.
- Recommend and take action to enhance driver retention.
- Prepare performance reviews for drivers.
- Take corrective action, up to including termination, against drivers and/or make recommendations that are given significant weight.
- Manage drivers to ensure maximum safety records, utilization, revenue, customer service and profitability.
- Manage drivers' professional conduct, employee development, time off/home time requests, advances, and all other matters assigned.
- Document performance, service, and development issues with appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Oversee drivers' safety and regulatory compliance, including anticipating and managing hour’s restrictions.
- Proactively communicate issues to drivers.
- Document performance, service, and/or development issues in a timely manner.
Ensure maximum asset utilization.
- Receive ETAs/PTAs; plan, assign and confirm loads; and track and trace trucks.
- Evaluate factors that effect on-time delivery and anticipate and address problems.
- Think strategically and plan ahead of rapidly changing situations.
- Perform as a team player and willingly assist other team members.
- Perform work within policies and procedures established by the Company.
- All other duties, as required.
- Associates degree or higher, required.
- 2 years experience in the transportation industry, preferred.
- Able to think independently and exercise discretion and good independent judgment related to drivers’ productivity, safety, and professional conduct.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, ownership of problems, and organization.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Demonstrate ability to process information quickly and act on that information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability to work with all SRT Fleet Management software programs.
- Understand time/distance, DOT regulations, professional driver needs/goals, & customer requirements.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Able to remain in stationary position 80% of the time.
- Able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Able to operate a computer and other office machines, such as a copier and printer, constantly.
- Able to work in the office regularly and to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple assignments at one time.
- Able to exchange accurate information in-person, via email, and via telephone.
- Able to concentrate in a noisy office environment.
Southern Refrigerated Transport, Inc. offers a competitive Benefits Package that includes, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Term Life, Company Paid Survivor Benefit, Benevolence, Vacation, and 401K with Company Match.
Southern Refrigerated Transport, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.