The WMS Specialist is a liaison between Covenant’s warehouse operations units, external parties (including vendors and customers), and Covenant’s IT Department. The analyst understands and enjoys working with the business operations and technology aspects of warehouse operations.
- Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of Covenant and the transportation industry.
- Create requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications.
- Lead testing efforts.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with business unit personnel to identify required changes.
- Communicate and track changes to development team or software vendor.
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Take input from management and appropriately and accurately apply comments/feedback.
- Communicate and apply ITGC standards.
- Manage resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to Covenant business units and customers.
- Understand the components of running a fiscally successful project.
- Assist in the facilitation of project meetings.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
Possess understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science and more than 5 years relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience with WMS systems (HighJump Cloud preferred)
- Testing & QA Experience with large- & small-scale WMS projects
- Experience with SQL & Unix Scripting
- Test Strategy & Test Plan preparation
- Proactively seek opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Facilitate effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Develop relationships with users that foster an appreciation of IT’s contribution to the business.
- Manage user expectations effectively.