Fleet Manager/Dispatcher (Nights) (Star Transportation)
Star Transportation was founded in 1980, and is currently headquartered just outside Nashville, in La Vergne, Tenn.
At Star today, management maintains an extremely progressive mindset and maintains open communication between directors, fleet managers, drivers and other support personnel. Utilizing the finest people, technology, procedures and equipment, Star Transportation offers the experience and expertise for all of your transportation needs, regardless of how unique or challenging they may be.
We operate a full-service maintenance facility at our La Vergne, Tenn., headquarters, and we offer additional terminals and drop yards located throughout the eastern half of the United States. Nationwide maintenance support is also available 24/7 throughout our system. Preventive maintenance is essential to keeping our trucks on the road to ensure on-time delivery.
Our fleet today consists entirely of conventional Freightliner tractors. And with an average fleet age of just two years old, our equipment -- like our office, shop and driving employees- is second to none.
This position is a supervisory position for a driver fleet, with responsibility for on-time service delivery, employee relations and retention, and other performance measures. Fleet Managers are expected to perform work within policies and procedures as established by the Company.
• Track and trace trucks in the morning and throughout the night.
• Maintain positive and productive communication with professional drivers in order to deliver on time, prevent service failures and reduce turnover.
• Receive ETAs/PTAs and manage throughout the night.
• Receive confirmations of load assignments.
• Work collaboratively with Load Planning and Customer Service and/or all other departments as needed to meet the freight customer needs.
• Develop an effective working relationship with assigned professional drivers and understand the needs and performance of each professional driver.
• Be responsible to communicate and establish expectations for performance, conduct, and safety, and provide ongoing feedback to for the professional drivers.
• Manage performance evaluation and disciplinary actions for assigned professional drivers.
• Compile and submit all reports.
• Attend all meetings as required.
• Follow established procedures and best practices of the Company to ensure consistency and quality.
• Participate in trainings and other developmental opportunities.
• Perform as a team player and provide assistance to other team members willingly.
• Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
• Must be available for occasional long days, including evenings, weekends, or holidays as business needs dictate.
• All other duties as required.
- Excellent benefits including medical and 401K
- TMW software, Qualcomm satellite communication
- 2 years transportation experience in operations
- College degree preferred