On-site Operations Coordinator
Customer Service duties may include:
• Manage and solicit business from a specific or assigned number of customers by using daily available capacity.
• Solicit freight from existing customer base when demand indicates.
• Negotiate freight rates with customers that do not have contract rates.
• Commit to and receive detailed customer load information by telephone, fax or electronic tendering. Input all load information into computer system accurately to ensure system integrity.
• Monitor and trace loads so that follow up can be made to customers regarding late pickups and or deliveries, as well as any other load changes that may occur.
• Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on load issues to meet or exceed total satisfaction of customers.
• Assist in collecting and maintaining current customer information in the system.
• Work with other internal departments to resolve customer or company issues when necessary.
Load Planning duties may include:
• Calculate regional inbound and outbound numbers.
• Decrease deadhead percentage and provide on time pickups for customers.
• Manage utilization of trucks and trailer pools to ensure minimum amounts of available equipment.
• Maintain and monitor customer commitments.
• Increase home time percentage for drivers through proper planning.
• Compile and submit assigned reports and attend all meetings as required.
• Follow established procedures and best practices to ensure consistency and quality.
• Participate in trainings and other developmental opportunities.
• Perform as a team player and provide assistance to other team members willingly.
• Follow all company policies and procedures.
• All other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, logistics or other closely related field is required
• Must be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, TMW, and Outlook or other web-based and email-based programs
• Must be able to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and electronically
• Organization, detail-oriented, and ability to handle multiple projects required
• Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
• Must have an excellent attendance record at prior jobs
• Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, or holidays if required, sometimes on short notice as business needs dictate
Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, or holidays, sometimes on short notice