Transportation-Business Development Manager
To prospect, solicit, and build relationships with new customers on behalf of Covenant Transport Services. Solicit new customers through cold calling, email campaigns, and other means. Actively engages prospective customers for new business opportunities within our core service offerings.
- Routinely identify and qualify new business opportunities and position the Enterprise to win business.
- Generate new business through prospecting, networking, cold calls, and referrals by building a portfolio of customers in geographic areas outside of current customer base.
- Maintain current Skuid profiles and contact notes in the company Skuid system.
- Make face to face sales calls as required.
- Utilize Zoom Info to source, identify prospects, develop customer opportunities, and log ongoing communication.
- Conduct and facilitate appropriate customer handoffs to customer operations.
- Conduct ongoing follow up to develop greater value, communicate new opportunities, and build professional relationships. Ensure routine review of performance scorecards with customers.
- Work with Operations teams to understand network capabilities and needs.
- Meet or exceed goals for sales revenue and gross margin on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
4 Year Degree Preferred – Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or Finance
Transportation/Logistics/Supply Chain Industry Experience Preferred
Proficiency with Technology Systems – CRM, Microsoft Office, Outlook, TMS, etc.
Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Good Business Management Skills – Detail Oriented, Organized, Time Management, Priority Setting, etc.
Ability to Work Independently – Bias for Action, High Level of Initiative, etc.
Professional Presentation – Appearance and SpeakingUncompromising Level of Integrity