Human Resources Generalist
- Performs Human Resource related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting and talent acquisition, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, procedure development, and special projects.
- Administers various human resource policies and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages leave of absence administration and works closely with third party vendor to manage FMLA requests and Short-Term Disability claims.
- Assists with employee relations issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations. Works with Human Resources Managers to ensure a thorough investigation is completed as needed and prompt resolution to the complaints.
- Assists with I9 and Everify Management to include regular audits and communication with those responsible for the Everify process.
- Assist with recruitment processes for all positions to include student interns and temporary employee placement. Assist with management of applicant tracking system for posting open jobs, assisting with interviewing and screening of job applicants and delivery of job offer letters.
- Assists with new-employee orientation and manages the onboarding new hire paperwork processes.
- Responds to unemployment claims and works with 3rd party service provider to ensure accurate reporting to the states. Provide data analysis of unemployment claims win/loss ratio quarterly. Provide feedback to Human Resource Managers regarding processes needed in order to have successful win ratios quarterly.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Works with HR Management team to help monitor and maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment. Monitors regulatory compliance audits as needed.
- Answer emails and phone calls in a timely manner in order to ensure timely resolution.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant area required.
- PHR/SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
- General knowledge of employment law and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills-(verbal, electronically, written).
- Telephone skills-(multi-line, etiquette, tact, manner, friendliness).
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite; Office365 and Adobe.
- Strong organizational skill and detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Strong skills in research and analysis of data.