Logistics Breakdown Specialist
The main purpose of the Breakdown Specialist is to handle all aspects of over the road repairs for Covenant Transport equipment. By assist company drivers in repairs, breakdowns, and repair instructions either by routing them to terminals or providing direction for on the road repairs. This position also plays a major part in the success of warranty recovery of any failed components on Covenant Transport Equipment.
- Answer telephone breakdown calls reported by company drivers, service centers, customers and internal departments and customers concerning equipment repairs in pre-diagnosis of equipment problems, and determine the best locations for repairs. Input related information into the AS400 system when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with drivers and customers on a daily basis via e-mail, phone, fax, etc.
- Receive Macro’s via qual-comm or e-mail from drivers who have equipment related problems.
- Select, communicate and dispatch to repair facilities or repair shops to monitor repair progress, and to close billing charges and purchase order jobs.
- Ensure equipment is in compliance with all DOT regulations and company policies.
- Analyze problems based on driver input and decide if no action is required, to ask driver to help themselves and provide necessary guidance, or if outside help is required, in which case a shop or shops are selected and called by Emergency Maintenance.
- Must be able to review estimates and determine what repairs are necessary.
- Insure payment to outside service centers after determining if all repairs were approved and properly performed.
- Work with vendors and risk management to properly report and repair accident damages.
- Work with operations staff in repairs for down equipment.
- Estimate approvals for pending work at shops/vendors.
- Ensure warranty compliance by our over the road vendors.
· Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
· Required: Mechanical knowledge, class 8 knowledge preferred.
· Required: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills-(verbal, electronically, written)
· Ability to effectively communicate the English language.
· Basic knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and AS 400.
· Telephone skills-(multi-line, etiquette, tact, manner, friendliness)
· Possess strong problem-solving skills (diagnosis, alternative decision, good judgment, sensitivity).
· Possess well developed time management skills and ability to be well organized.
· Knowledgeable/aptitude for mechanical repair procedures
· Decisive - must be able to make rapid decisions based on information obtained from the phone conversation or a macro.
· Knowledge of U.S. geography
· Must have availability to work any shift, including nights and weekends.
· Able to work in a stressful situation and maintain a professional attitude.
· Must have an excellent attendance record in prior jobs.
· Must be 18 years or older to apply.