Internal Audit Manager
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit and direct assistant procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, IT and operational processes. Additionally, the Internal Audit Manager performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. The Internal Audit Manager will also assist with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, collaborating with the external auditors, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Internal Audit Manager will direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including resources from the co-sourcing firm.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Highly motivated and self-directed and ability to provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, to effectively present to peers, vendors and management and collaborate with all respective areas within and outside of the organization.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Strong understanding of the technical environment as it relates to accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing and managing multiple projects and working with varying team members and peers.
- Provides strong mentoring to team to build broad business acumen
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CIA designation
- 7+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas
- Prior industry experience is a plus.