This position is responsible to successfully support the functions of lease development and lease portfolio management by means of accounting support through data entry; reconciliations; contract file reviews along with period end accounting processes and reporting.
- Responsible for lease/loan booking, terminations and data integrity reviews.
- Prepare Final Accounting packets and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Regularly review the portfolios to ensure compliance of internal reporting and compliance requirements along with tracking of previous events.
- Responsible for the final accounting collection processes including promissory notes execution and collection agency interactions
- Ensure all risk management and financial guidelines are adhered to and exceptions documented & approved.
- Assist in the preparation of external financial audits or internal audits, by providing necessary reports, reconciliations and documentation as requested.
- Work closely with Asset Management to ensure timely and efficient liquidation of off-lease equipment.
- Complete special projects and other assignments as delegated by management.
- Maintain relationships with the operational departments of carrier clients for the efficient administration of leasing programs.
- Provide proactive input for efficient process changes, enhancements and modifications to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Be responsive and provide ongoing support to the leasing team, sales, marketing and business development personnel.
- Develop strong working relationships with other operational team members
- Ensure non-disclosure of proprietary information
To be effective, you will need to possess high energy, strong work ethic, good communication, writing, organization and computer skills which must include but not be limited to MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 5+ years accounting experience
- 4-year accounting degree or equivalent education
- Strong grasp of financial contracts and concepts
- Experience with Lease/Loan accounting processes
- Experience with Lease/Loan software and reporting
- Positive, high energy and desire to work hard to accomplish goals
- Strong communication skills to expand relationships and improve service levels
- Familiarity with funding processes for titled equipment
- Ability to effectively work with other staff members
- Be a proactive thinker and suggest process improvements
- Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team oriented and able to take direction yet effectively manage daily tasks with minimal supervision